.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Four times more liberal!


Well I'm sure Gina and are going to talk about this in a bit, but figured I would ask any lurker past acquaitnences of mine this question...


I was bored, and decided to pop over to the ooze to see what was up. I actually didn't read any of the threads except one (about which denomination was the first to back pomo).


Anyway I was amazed at what has happened to the place since I pulled out. Just glancing at the thread titles, it just looked to me that "The place has become 4 times more liberal", since i pulled out (Which will be a month come tomorrow).

So I was curious if that was an accurate assessment, or "Just my imagination running away with me"?

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I haven't noticed it being *more* liberal. Lots of universalism talk... who knew that hell was such a popular subject. But things like that go in cycles.

One prolific "liberal" poster can tip the scales, but then so do prolific Orthodox posters. :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Priest Raphael said...

I snet of an e-mal to Gina this morning....Liberal might not be the right word....nihilistic is more like ti I think. Threads touting the glories of sterility? "LIfe sucks, so why would you wnat to bring a kid into this world?"

I used to love going to the ooze, but it certainly has become a more depressing place as far as I am concerned. I used to feel a common bond with so many different people, and I don't feel it anymore....

9:37 AM  
Blogger Priest Raphael said...

BTW, did you notice you were "tagged?"

http://bonovox.squarespace.com/journal/2006/1/27/four-things.html

9:40 AM  
Blogger Addai said...

quote
I snet of an e-mal to Gina this morning....Liberal might not be the right word....nihilistic is more like ti I think. Threads touting the glories of sterility? "LIfe sucks, so why would you wnat to bring a kid into this world?"
quote


I actually came close to posting on that one...


On thinking about what I thought my answer, or the Orthodox answer to the question would be. And I think I came with something like..

"Why bring kids into this world?"

answer

"Because the world, really, really needs more good dedicated Christians in it." While you can have great saints from people who convert later in life. There is just something about raising up things right from the get go...


So that my reason besides all the usual ones. Like Children are cute, "Be Fruitful and multiply" and all that.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home