.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Saturday, December 17, 2005


The Submergent Church!


I've been considering the possibility of writing some kind of parody article or thread on some of the silly things that sometimes pop up in the name of "Emergent Church" this or that. I don't have any defitite ideas except that calling it "The Submergent Church" would be funny. Both for the play on words, but also because some things that I don't like can be very submergent (as in compromise in the name of "relevancy", which often looks like worldliness, hiding your light under a bushel and so forth). Besides the name, I also would have the cover(If by some great miracle I actually wrote a book, which would take a literal act of God to pull off), have a guy looking through a periscope at a Church building. I think that would work well.


Other than that, don't have any ideas. Although I can easily think of many things over the years to talk about. Lol I would probably do a thread. But I can already imagine the backlash...


Anyway that's been one of the ideas floating around the head of Addai the past few days...

2 Comments:

Blogger Addai said...

Alas somebody beat me to it. Infact, I think I read this article a few months back and forgot about it...


http://ancientpresentchurch.blogspot.com/2005/03/submergent-church.html

5:16 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

All creative people steal ideas. :)

I'll be your editor, you can count on me. ;)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home