.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Saturday, July 01, 2006



The Joy of Netflicks like companies

recently I joined Blockbusters netflicks copycat program, as a movie source for Gina nights. I really like it, you save so much more money than by renting movies from the local vid store (easily 3-6 times what regular rental fees are, depending on how fast you mail back the movies you watch, and post office logistics), and of course you save some time as well.

When it comes to service provided, I don't know if Block buster is really that much better than netflicks original program. There are some cult TV shows I like (i.e. "Strangers with Candy", that are hard to rent, but most programs and movies I've look for have been readily available. So Netflicks may be a little better on availability based on hearsay. There are a few things that Blockbuster did do that sealed the deal for me...

1) give a free 1st month's members (which I've really taken advantage of so far) and

2) made it extremely, extremely easy to get signed up for the program

and even bigger.....

3) issue every member 1 free movie rental coupon every week. (Where you basically printout from the web site a coupon with a scan bar code and take it down to your local block buster and check out a movie for free).

So far Gina and I have just started the fourth season of Babylon 5, watched a disk from the British sitcom DVD series "The Office", and last week watched one of my favorite war movies (a movie which is unique but a bit on the uncommon, hard to find side) "The Beast".

review of "The Beast"

http://acrentropy.blogspot.com/2004/11/review-beast-1988.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

That was a good movie. A sleeper hit for sure!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Priest Raphael said...

Yes Blockbuster home video delivery rocks!

BUT, do you sometimes get scratched discs?

5:33 AM  
Blogger Addai said...

Yes, I just my second one this month since I've had the service. It is nice that they make reporting technical problems fast and easy.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home