.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Monday, October 09, 2006

"You are a Lutheran: 18 things you didn't know you believed"

I found this piece while looking at the internet and decided to file it away... Because I have Lutheran parents and just know they would describe some of these things as "Catholic" (in the bad sense of the word), especially if they saw me do or advocate them! Anyway its worth looking at if you have any Lutheran friends you discuss spiritual matters with in real or online life.

http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2006/02/you-are-lutheran-18-things-you-didnt.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Interesting! This is hilarious:
"Quia Eye for the Lutheran Guy"

I found these surprising:

"Whoever casts love away will not keep his faith, because he will not keep the Holy Spirit. (See Ap. IV:219)

The punishments that chasten us are lightened by our prayers and good works. (See Ap. IV:268)

Alms merit many divine blessings, lighten our punishments, and merit a defense for us in the perils of sin and death. (See Ap. IV:278)"

8:02 AM  
Blogger Addai said...

I actually think many of the Marian ones would not come over well to contemporary evangelical Lutherans. I suspect my folks and their pastors would not subscribe to them.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home