.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Saturday, November 19, 2005


By George!


Well the Feast of my church's patron saint is tomorrow!

So I'm taking the time to display our stained glass window. This was installed at the old buidling, a mile down the road, from the place we have now.

That old building we had been renting has been taken over by the local Antiochian Orthodox. Stephen's Antiochian. There web site is here.

http://www.protomartyr.org/

Anyway when I first went our church we had this

stained glass window above the front door which looked pretty neat, especialy on those bright sunny days. We have plans to once again have it re-installed but I don't think it will happen until our building expansion takes place. (Our church has a huge renovation planned that will almost quadruple our square footage). But unfortaely due to fund raising, and money woes that project is somewhat stalled (We do need to get it started in the next two years or we will loose our building permit).

So anyway in the meantime, I will honor the saint, with a bit of digital iconography....

3 Comments:

Blogger Seraphim said...

St George is your patron? I didn't know! How kool. My dad's name is George (Eternal Memory 1995+)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Addai said...

Yeah he's the church's patron. It almost seems like half the Orthodox churches I hear about have him as their patron.

My church, Raphaels Church, and another oozers as well.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Bent El Neel said...

St George has always been my patron too :)

I'm glad I discovered this lovely blog.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home