.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Hello Ipod, Goodbye ooze!


My close friend Stan has been encouraging me to join him in one of these video ipod ministeries. Where you basically do teaching series and broad cast them over the internet or even local cabel tv. I said I would be interested... But admittedly I wasn't in a hurry (When you leave Protestantism. You also leave certain things like notions of "building your ministry", and the hurry to some get your name out there. To get speaking engagements, sell books, tapes and what not.


I did however believe this was the next step. But I was also a little leery (because with this sort of thing there can be a kind of peer pressure to do the party line and only say things that "play well" with the target audience which would be largely Protestant. And say only things that they can accept or agree with. And in affect be become coopted by the process in which you basically become a defacto Protestant. (Which is something I've seen before in a few different situations).


Anyway I explained that last point to Stan a week or two ago. And he told me that he was interested in hearing about things like the Alexandian perspective on different issues. And that it would further is only understanding on various subjects. And that I would basically be free to myself. So that was very encouraging. This defitely will give me something good to talk to my father of confession about. Something more enjoyable then what we usually talk about.


Anyway rather the being on the ooze, I am going to shift my attention to this project. In the last year or so, the ooze has lost its luster. And at times it can even seem like a waste of time, or counter productive. So I'm defitely looking to start a new chapter, when it comes to ministry. So I think this New Year will bring with it some new mile stones.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cool, P. Be sure to send out the podcast url when it's up!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Addai said...

sure thing! I don't think it going to be for a while. My friend has been talking about it alot lately. But I'm leaving him to work out "the technical details".

7:56 AM  
Blogger Priest Raphael said...

yo, I miss you on the Ooze already.....

8:51 AM  
Blogger Addai said...

lol wow that's nice to hear.

:)

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home