.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Thursday, March 30, 2006




Is there any decent Orthodox alternative to theooz.com and all this emergent/pomo this and that has been proclaimed as Gospel the past few years? (I'm almost thinkin we should all band together and make one).

I figured I would ask that question... Also it provides me a good opportunity to post these Mclaren satire pics since I decided that a full blown criticism series might be too negative.. or a bit of an over kill (I'll leave that too the conservative Calvinists).Still it's good to have a laugh once in a while hence the pics...

(edit add on)

The Unbearable Agony of Being Brian McLaren

http://thinklings.org/?p=2889

Ok one Protestant guy, has done something I've been doing recently, basically showing there is a traditional, conservative (Orthodox) Christian middle ground around some of these issues that Brian Mclaren tends to respond to with spinelessness and/or heterodox sounding answers. I really believe more of us, should be doing this (Showing that this is not a "false dichotomy", either/or situation, on many of these issues that Emergents have been "So open minded that their brains have fallen out").

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious pics. I thought you were at home on the coptic board (?). Too much idle talk amongst us Ortho folks anyway, IMO. At least among me. What about the Yahoo group for converts? Or Monachos?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Addai said...

glad you got a laugh. And I know what you mean about idle chatter.

So far Orthodox Christianity.net has been my best alternative. But I find a strong Orthodox board a little boring. I like it when the Prots ask some tough questions or make dubious assertions. It shakes me out of my state of complacency and keeps the Altheimers away. :)


I guess I could think about Yahoo. But that place previously was a bit wild and wooley for me

3:25 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Where did you get the photos? Pretty funny.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Addai said...

Awesome! Glad to have you around.

:)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home