.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



Bill's Church thang

A hometown friend, William Squier, has been working on a church web content manager to sell to churches (I think with some other services) with my other hometown friend (Fr.) Stan Smith.

And so far this is what they got

http://70.87.90.226/~demo/

I've been thinking the last few months of having an unofficial St. George Coptic web site. And of course even maybe doing an "ooze" alternative site a few months ago. Anyway I think this really would give me a lot of what I would want. I've really wanted an easy access way of posting sermons, music, video etc. from church and making it available on the web. Anyway take a look!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's well organized.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Priest Raphael said...

What's your vision for "alterative Ooze?"

7:03 AM  
Blogger Addai said...

lol oh some conservative oozers like pursuing truth, justin kline and myself were talking about doing another board.

Actually my friend Stan had an idea based on his time at Apple computer. Apple before America online had appeared, was the first to develope the AOL format with E world.

Anyway one idea that he had, was to have neighborhoods. Where different people act as hosts to their own theme discussion board.

So quite literally there might be Addai's Alexandria, FDR's Antioch, Lutheran Carl's Wittengberg, Emergent Ed's corner etc, as well as general public square places.

The idea was to have more moderating and faciliitating, to help discussions and to keep some of the nastiness down. etc.


Now this program/ or content manager, I don't think really allows for that. But previously Stan was looking at Joomla which would work.


So in short it would probably be much closer to Orthodox Christianity.net (Which also uses Joomla).

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home