.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Addai of Alexandria

Blog is currently going through some serious revision.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Currently reading "Being as Communion"

I am currently reading my roomates recently purchased "Being as Communion", John Zizioulas’


This book played a profound role in the life of Clark Carlton in his testimony "From First Baptist to the First Century:A Spiritual Journey" "Without question, however, the single most important book involved in my conversion to Holy Orthodoxy was John Zizioulas’ Being as Communion.11 This is also probably the most difficult book I have ever read. I had to read the first chapter three times before I even began to understand it. And yet, as I began to get a handle on what Zizioulas was saying, I realized that if he was even partially correct, I could no longer remain a Protestant-much less a free-church Baptist."


http://holytrinity.ok.goarch.org/Interesting%20Stuff/tca_carltonfirstbaptist.htm


That testimony itself I think provides a great "Cliff notes" to the book. I would relate to what the previous author mentioned about this book and describe it as being "more profound in it implications than its execution" (It is not one of the thought provoking easy reads that Kallistos Ware and other contemporary Orthodox writers have been spoiling us with the last few decades).


John Zizioulas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zizioulas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home